Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource limit issue between users

3 replies [Last post]
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
I have 4 users using P6.2. In resources we have set some limits the max units/time column.... operator 2, water tank 8.

When I log on I can see these limits ok and I can see the limits set by other users on other resources. The problem is the other users are not seeing the limits set by me. I have checked users access and all seems OK. Is there perhaps a security profile I am missing??

Grateful for any help??

Thank you in advance

David

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
David,
Max Unit/Time format follows Duration Format settings (h, d, w & y). You can also replace it with % by selecting Unit/time Format-> Show as a percentage. I don’t believe that you can remove the format as it is the indicator of limit/duration or %.
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you Rodel, your question pointed me in the right direction and it is no fixed, thank you.
Just out of interest, do you know if it is possible to get rid of the /d on the Max Units/Time column? I have renamed it to ’Limit’ for our purposes but so far have not found a way to remove the /d

Again and as always thanks in advance
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
David,
Did you give them a Project Superuser on their Project Security profile and have access on all Global fields?