Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Proper updating in P6

4 replies [Last post]
Rick Aquino
User offline. Last seen 13 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guyz,

i’m trying to update my programme in p6 in a weekly basis, showing the baseline as a representation to the client, however, when i started to update it, the baseline is always on thesame date in the current schedule, please note that my programme is behind schedule, can anybody help me in in this one, set-up maybe?

Best regards,

Rick

Replies

Rick Aquino

Hi Rodel,

Thank you very much, i will do it right away(pano na lang kung ala kau)Thank you very much.
you save my day.

regards,

Rick

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Rick,
Before you can assign baseline you have to select Project-> Maintain Baseline. It’s either you create a copy of your existing project or convert another project (original baseline) to create a baseline.
Once the baseline is created, select Project-> Assign Baseline. You have to select where you want to attach the baseline as Project Baseline or Users Primary baseline.
If Users Primary baseline is selected then you have to change the settings on Project Window-> Settings tab and tick Users Primary baseline under Project Settings.

That is how you assigned baseline. Then you have to define or assigned baseline bar on View-> Bar (i.e. Primary Baseline and Timescale should be Primary Baseline)

This will show the difference of current project and the baseline attached.
Rick Aquino
Hi Rodel,
tnx for ur quick response, as far as o know, yes i assigned the baseline, from the bar chart, i checked the primary baseline, base on duration is my setting for percentage.

tnx again,
Rick
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Rick,
Have you assigned the baseline? If the baseline is not attached, current projects is used as baseline at it will move all not started activities together with baseline according to the network. It also depends on how you update your project and the duration type, percent complete type settings.