Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Report set-up for Expense Cost

7 replies [Last post]
Cristina Blades
User offline. Last seen 4 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
I currently have a project set up with cost included via Expenses - Budgeted Cost.

When setting up a report from new, what is the best subject area to choose within the report wizard? I am assuming Time distributed data should be ticked in order to get the distributed expenses cost over the duration of the project. So far I seem to be getting a report with blank values.

Thanks in advance,
Cristina

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline
Perhaps you can set up a baseline for this purpose, a baseline with all activities set to ALAP. Then you can create a cost distribution report showing both.
Cristina Blades
Many thanks, Rodel!

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Cristina,
Yes, that is correct
Cristina Blades
Hi, Rodel,

Thank you.

I thought so, but better to double check.

So if the costs had been assigned to resources (in the form of hourly / daily rates), it would have been possible, is that correct?

Thanks again,
Cristina
Rodel Marasigan
Hi Cristina,
Unfortunately NO. Early & Late data are available only on resource and not on Expenses.
Cristina Blades
Hi, Rodel,

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering, is it possible to get an Early Start - Early Finish distributed costs (expenses) and Late Start - Late Finish distributed costs (expenses)?

Thanks again,
Cristina
Rodel Marasigan
Cristina,
For Time distributed data subject area will be your main data only like (Activity ID, Activity Name, Cost Account (if define) and Group & sort by WBS or organize it the way you want the report presented. The value is in Time Interval Fields which is cumulative or time interval.
If you are using Expenses then use Budget Expenses Cost or Budget Total Cost for Budget data, Actual Expenses Cost or Total Actual Cost for Actual data and Remaining Expenses Cost or Total Remaining Cost for Remaining data.