Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

import data from p3.1 to p6.2 !!!!!!

5 replies [Last post]
Mai Tawfeq
User offline. Last seen 9 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hi dears :

Am trying to import data from p3.1 to p6.2 , the importing always is completed successful , but when I open the project , it comes without WBS , I have tried many times and always come in same result , can anyone tell me the reason beyond it …………!!!!????.

Maiiiiiiiiiii

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Mai,
Congratulations!!! but you haven’t mention that you haven’t assigned created WBS??? which is another issue otherwise I direct you to correct solutions. (:
Mai Tawfeq
Dear Rodel I solve the problem:

The issue was in (advance option I select import unused WBS cods ), waooooooooooooooo.

mai

Rodel Marasigan
Mai,
If you define WBS then the problem is the way you import it. When importing P3.x and reached to Update Project Options click Modify and check what is selected under Action. It should be Update Existing or Insert New and not Do not Import.
Mai Tawfeq
Dear Rodel :

Am the one who did the programme in p3.1 and I define WBS , I have not use activity codes ,all the activities is organized into WBS .
So what do u think the reason can be now ?

mai
Rodel Marasigan
Mai,
I P3.1 WBS is not compulsory and most of the time using Activity Code instead of WBS. In P6 WBS is some sort of compulsory and encourage P6 user to use WBS. Check P3 files first in P3 program and organize by WBS. If no WBS define and assigned then no WBS will be imported to P6.