Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing from P3/Suretrak....

5 replies [Last post]
David Andreotti
User offline. Last seen 8 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is anyone running into problems with this? If you don’t have P3 or ST installed, you get an error message while trying to import. I spoke with Oracle. They say other than getting the P3/ST user to save the file as an .xer (I believe this requires another utility), they have no fix for this! Due to some licensing issue, they were not able to take the Btrieve piece of the application with them.

Anyone know of a utility that can convert the prx or stx for importing the files?

Thanks.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 4 hours ago. Offline
David,

Good luck, it got to be easier than bull riding.

Best regards,
Rafael
David Andreotti
Rafael;

Thnaks. But what if I want or have to import the p3 file? I may not be able to get the sender of the p3 file to do this.

I want to be able to conver or import the p3 file into p6 myself, without having P3 on my machine.
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 4 hours ago. Offline
Anyone know of a utility that can convert the prx or stx for importing the files?

Primavera can provide you with the utility but you or your subcontractors must have either P3 or SureTrak in order to use it. The following links provides you with some info and a link to download the utility.

You can download the utility and ask your subcontractors to make the conversion for you on their machines.

http://primavera.zxlm.cn/kb/prim73486

http://primavera.zxlm.cn/kb/prim73588

http://primavera.zxlm.cn/kb/prim71687
David Andreotti
Paul;

Thnaks for the response but the first issue i have is that I can’t restore the ST/P3 file to begin with.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 25 weeks ago. Offline
David

I find it better to copy and paste the data into an Excel Spreadsheet and import and yu can control exactly what is being imported and you will not fill your database with usless data that you will have to clean up afterwards. Leads and lags have to be manually imported.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
www.primavera.com.au - a Primavera scheduling software resources site