Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Earned value cost & Actual cost not coming same??

3 replies [Last post]
John Paul Augustine
User offline. Last seen 14 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
hi everybody,
In my program the earned value cost & actual cost not coming equal for some activities?
So in that case i have to uncheck the cost units linked option under resource tab in activity details and manually make budegeted cost & at completion cost equal.
Is there any default option available for solving this problem?

Replies

Mohammed Azharuddin
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Solved !

Check out my article here

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-make-actual-value-equals-earned-cost-units-p6-using-azharuddin/?trackingId=07FcDenXTRe8sZHPAkEaJg%3D%3D

John Paul Augustine
User offline. Last seen 14 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you MR. Rodel...
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi John,
Earned Value and Actual Cost is totaly different. There are a lot of topics discussed regarding EV in this forum.

EV is also known (BCWP) Budgeted Cost for Work Performed while Actual Value is the physical value of the progress or (ACWP) Actual Cost of Work Performed. (Click link below as one of the discussion related to EV)
Schedule % Complete Post #17

If you need to reflect actual cost = earned value for other reason you need to set % Complete type = Labor Unit and Duration Type = Fixed Duration and Unit.
This setting will automate your actual unit = budget labor unit * % complete = Earned Value. Even the duration change it will retain the budget unit the same.