Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

importing from MSP2000 to P6

4 replies [Last post]
Rangarajan Ramaswamy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hey guys,

I m nu to P6, Whenever m importing 4rm msproject 2000 to P6 i get the following issues,attached image is self explanatory

in msp2000

http://i48.tinypic.com/ifwpq8.jpg

in P6

http://i45.tinypic.com/afemp3.jpg

Replies

Rangarajan Ramaswamy
yeah ur right,actually i joined the project in the middle,thats y so much confusion.also i have got one more issue , i have primavera installed in my comp. along with mssql (i use it at office) , and i have primavera installed along with oracle in my laptop,can i access my comp database from my laptop when we are on the same network.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Any link to group heading on MSProject is not recommended. For good practice on network, the link should establish among activities, not any group heading (Group heading is summary only)
Rangarajan Ramaswamy
Thankx for the reply, but i linked many activities to WBS summary in MSP and now after importing to P6 i cannot delete all the summaries as it is a hige database more than 3k activies and links, i need help while importing,also can i have ur gmail id so that i can be in touch with u as m nu to P6.
Thankx for the concern though
TC
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
When import, P6 auto create a activity (in acctivity WBS Summary) for each heading row in MSP.
Either change the import option or delete all "WBS Summary" activity type activities will solve the problem