Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remaining Late Curve Crosses Remaining Early Curve

2 replies [Last post]
Kenneth Okorie
User offline. Last seen 6 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

I have completed an update in V5 and produced an S-curve as normal but the strangest thing for me is that the remaining late curve which normally should be below the remaining early curve is so close that it crossed above it at some point. I am not quite sure why? Can anyone help me unravel this please?

I do appreciate any help to solve this.

Cheers
Kenneth
Chiken057@yahoo.com

Replies

Kenneth Okorie
User offline. Last seen 6 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Diego,

Thanks very much your reply makes a lot of sense and answers my question. Now i know it is not someting i have done wrong and you are right we are running like 2 months late to our contract date with a lot of -ve floats right now.

I appreciate your time.

Cheers

Kenneth
Diego Henriquez
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Kenneth

It will happen if the current schedule has negative float in several activities, the forecast will allow the schedule to finish later than expected, and It will be shown as negative float in the chain of activities finishing later than a constrain.
Late curve tho, are theoric LATE completion dates of activities (or chain of activities) required to meet the constrain, therefore they will remain as late as possible, but never later than the constrain.

Hope the explanation is clear enough, if this is not the case, please post again to look for other alternatives,

cheers