Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Upgrade P5 to P6 - Urgent!!

5 replies [Last post]
joseph ador
User offline. Last seen 14 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,

We’re trying to upgrade P5 to P6 using the same database. Projects are okey, nothing has changed; but the problem is, when i try to look for the default resources(manpower,materials,costs,etc..) as we used in P5 before, not all resources are available in P6 after configuration.. Is there something something wrong with the process or the software itself can’t handle all datas from P5 to P6..

Could anyone help me please...
Tnx so much in advance...

Replies

joseph ador
Thanks Guys,

I already fixed it, i didn’t notice that my P6 has different portfolio and resources filter, that’s why the formatting will not match..I get the information from another discussion here in PM5/PM6 Resources and Global Change in P6...
Tnx a lot,
Jaime Lozo
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Joseph,

Your P5 files are intack as long as those converted to P6 have different directories/folders.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joseph

On the cds of P6 there is a script to upgrade the database. You can find there a readme file as well. No need to upgrade project by project.

Good luck!
Dieter
joseph ador
Yes Jaime that’s what i mean, because we are trying to transfer all the datas from P5 to P6. As you mentioned that the individual projects may changed, is the default resources from P5 may changed as well? Because what we want is to maintain all the files from P5 including projects, resources, formating, and etc...so that when we have another project its easy f0r us to assign resources using the default from P5..
Jaime Lozo
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
You have mentioned configuration, does this means database configuration? If your importing P5 files for P6, see that there is a box to modify ( keep existing, updates, replace) globally you cannot change, but individual projects can be changed. Good Luck