Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Good Old EV again

3 replies [Last post]
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Morning All
Starting to use EV in anger and whilst sorting out budgets, forecast etc have started to use Store Period Performance.
If we then produce a report showing the period costs, we are getting actuals in the next future period plus a remaining. Historic is correct to the penny.
I have checked just about everything I can check - start, early start, planned start, actual start and finishes, budget, forecast, remaining, actual, remaining, original, at completion durations, etc., etc., etc. All are correct.
Anyone have any ideas as to why P3e (version 5, SP5) would be allocating future actuals beyond the data date (set to the minute by the way) some of which are negative!???
In confusion and frustration
Nige

Replies

Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Thanks for the replies guys. But i have checked all that. We are entering data directly into P3e not using timesheets etc. I have checked the start and finish times, actual and planned and they are spot on to the minute. So is the schedule data date. Check just about everything that I can check and used everything in my knowledge base as it were.
Really running out of ideas here. It has been logged with POINT but as yet no response - we have to go via a helpdesk internally first.
Ho hum
Nige
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Nigel

One thing do worth checking is the time(Hrs and min) in your actual finish date

to do that you need to switch on the time element and check whether the any of the finish date is cross over the 5:00pm mark(I think) it caused the system travel over the boundary.

In addition, if you are using P5 or later version, you can use the cost profile and select the time scale in days and tick the time period option and select the time period which have actual over the Data day line and carefully check those activities

HTH

ALex
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Nigel,

Are you entering actuals manually, auto-computing, or using the timesheets module to record actual performance?

Have you checked the start and end dates of the periods you have created, just to ensure that there is no overlap?