Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P5 standalone installation

7 replies [Last post]
Muhammad Fiaz
User offline. Last seen 1 year 7 weeks ago. Offline
I am installaing Primavera P5 standalone on my computer with windows XP but during database configuration it fails to configure MSDE server.How do i deal with this problem.Will somebody suggest.
Thanks,

Replies

BIPRESH PAUL
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Same probs happens with me, I could not install P5 neither in Vista noe in XP. ne1 for help??
Muhammad Fiaz
User offline. Last seen 1 year 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dieter:
Thanks for your time and mail. I disabled Firewall and successfully installed satndalone P5 and now running it.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Muhammed
Obviously It was too early for me in the morning and I didn’t read your question correctly. Sorry.
Possible reason 1: You need local Admin rights on your pc and don’t have them. Easiest way to check: Right click onto the start button. If the bottom line of the new window is "Explorer All Users" you have them.
Possible reason 2: It seems that there is a conflict with an older version of MS SQL Server. Check if it is still required. If not, deinstall - don’t forget to check the registry - and try to install P5 again..
Regards
Dieter
Dieter Wambach
Thanks Ronald
Absolutely correct! P5 works under XP and NOT under Vista.
Regards
Dieter
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dieter,

I believe that you meant to say that P5 cannot be installed under Vista operating system. My P5 ran well on my XP computer.
Dieter Wambach
Muhammad
In PP you can find some threads on this topic. P5 cannot be installed under XP. You’ll have to upgrade to P6.
Regards
Dieter