Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can Primavera Contractor save XER files

1 reply [Last post]
Ivan Botha
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am am considering to buy the Primavera Contractor - The "P6 lite" version and would like to know if it can export and import XER files from and to P6.

The consultants I am working with require an XER file for P6

I know the contractor deluxe can only have 2000 activities. For my work that is OK.

Kindly advise.

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 25 weeks ago. Offline
Primavera Contractor is designed for people like you who do not need the Enterprise functions and it will export an XER file. It is a shame that Primavera has hobbled it to 2000 activities which makes it useless for any significant programme. Asta PowerProject will also open, edit and save to an XER file and in my opinion is a product that is more suited to construction contractors than the new Primavera software.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au