Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error Printing to PDF

4 replies [Last post]
Mohsen Nourbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All,
Recently I started to move all projects over to P5, now that I have done it for a couple of projects and want to print out some reports into PDF using Adobe PDF Pro 7.0 , I get the message
"There was a problem communicating to the printer.Please make sure you have a printer installed and you have a default printer selected."

Have looked at all the obvious causes but no luck yet, Any help highly appreciated.

Replies

Bharathithasan El...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

when i print a schedule either in PDF or printer directly, company logo is not coming which i assigned as a picture. but at the same time it is showing if i assign as logo/text. can anyone help??

Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am using Windows 7 Professional and facing the similar problems can anyone advise me how to resolve this problem please.

Mohsen Nourbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Thank alot Johny, It worked..
Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hello,

1. Go into your printer settings by clicking Start, Settings, Printers (Windows 2000) or Start, Printers and Faxes (Windows XP).

2. Right click on the "Adobe PDF" driver and select properties.

3. Click the "Advanced" tab and click the setting "Start printing after last page is spooled".

Also, do the following:

1. Go to Start, Settings, Printers and see the icon for Adobe Distiller or Adobe PDF.
2. Right-click on the icon for Adobe Distiller/PDF and select Properties.
3. A dialogue box for Adobe Distiller/PDF Properties will appear. Select the Ports Tab.
4. Click the [Add Port...] button.
5. A dialogue box for Printer Port will appear. Select "PDF Port" and click the [New Port...] button.
6. A dialogue box for Browse for Folder will appear. Select a directory path that:
a) Has no spaces or symbols.
b) Has 8 characters or less.
c) Is no more than 5 levels deep.

Examples of an acceptable short path are: C:\TEMP or C:\P3WIN\P3OUT.

7. After browsing to the short directory path click [OK].
8. In the Printer Port dialogue box click [Close].
9. In the Adobe Distiller/PDF Properties dialogue box confirm that the new PDF port has been created and that it is in use by the check mark next to new PDF Port. The name of the newly created PDF Port should be the short directory path you have just selected.

Regards
JK