Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export to MSP

3 replies [Last post]
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
All, I have to provide a copy of my Primavera P5 tender programmes in MSP format. After exporting i have noticed Level of Effort tasks have become normal tasks? Is there an MSP equivilant to LofE activities?

Replies

Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Then it’s a good thing my company are cheap enough to still be using 2002!
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
And don’t forget if you load MSP 2007 you will not be able to import or export any MSP files!

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Oliver,

The answer is no I’m afraid.

If you export to MSP you’ll likely to lose quite a lot more that ’just’ LOE tasks. For instance: secondary constraints, the difference between start and finish milestones, multiple dependencies between activities (SS+FF), your status date, reschedule of the remaining work, multiple resource assignments to the same activity.

Furthermore Primavera is a lot more picky in its start and finish dates. For instance, MSP sometimes starts an activity on Friday 17:00, in P5 this will be Monday 9:00. So it is likely your schedule will be slightly different too. Especially with a schedule in progress!

H.T.H.

Niek.