Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Bar styles in P6

4 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Will there be a bar styles in P6 like there is in Contractor 5.0? Just attended a webinare for P6 and I did not see it. Can change color, but not width or style (end points) - or did I miss it.Thanks.

Replies

Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 15 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ah. Now I understand Dieter. The configurations are the same worldwide. And the many different "roles" in P5 have been replaced with a simpler four-level structure, plus some separately-priced options (Contract Manager, Cost Manager, Charts, Contractor, Pertmaster).

So whereas previously the Planner/Scheduler role did get part of the web component (Personal Workspace and the Projects menu), its closest equivalent in P6 (Level 4) gets all of it. At a higher price, but then a lot more software is being delivered.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Arthur

I referred to the sales policy. Maybe in Germany it is different to other countries. For P5, the web-based component is an option - to be paid, in P6 it will be integrated. P5 web component was too weak. It seems different in P6.

Regards
Dieter
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 15 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dennis: The Project Management program in P5 has at least as much capability as Contractor 5.0. Because the latter is a cut-down version of the latter. And P6 has more, not less. So anything you can do in Contractor you can do in either P5 or P6. And just glancing at both P6 and Contractor 5.0, the "Bars" customising options appear to be identical, across the three tabs; Bar Style, Bar Settings, and Bar Labels. As I’d expect.

Dieter: ". . . web-based component will be integrated." I’m not sure to what you’re referring. P5 and P6’s browser-based integration is the same. In that they access the database directly. What is different in P6 is greatly enhanced functionality. This includes an interactive barchart, whereas P5’s was much simpler. Although still not as powerful as in the Windows client program. ("Project Management".)
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dennis
I don’t know why the well informed PAR’s employees don’t answer.
As far as I am informed, P6 will keep P5 functions and will contain improvements. One will be, that the web-based component will be integrated.
What you saw during the presentation for my impression was myPrimavera - or whatever today’s name is- the web-component. There you have no shape, so you just can change the colour. In P3e I the shapes and different styles still will remain.
Primavera saleswomen and -men: Please correct me if I am wrong!

Regards

Dieter