Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

No step tab in Contractor 5.0

5 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Becoming familiar with Primavera Contractor 5.0 but do not seem to have a "Step" tab on the Activities drop down menu. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Replies

Dennis Hanks
I want to thank both of you for your help. On second glance. I saw the P3e tab - brain freeze, I guess. From the for what it is worth bin, I spent approximately 20 minutes on the Primavera online chat (2 different occasions) - never got to chat though - on this problem (isssue). You are providing a great service and have let the members of AACEI CyberSection know of your site.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Not all tabs are shown as a default. To display the available tabs, right-click on the existing tabs and select "Customize Activity Tabs." Click on the Steps tab line, the right arrow, and then OK. Good luck!
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 15 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
No problem Dennis. Believe it or not the closest fit would be the forum "Primavera Enterprise - Teamplay / P3e & P3ec". Confusing I know, seeing as none of those four words is officially used in the P5 era. :-) They are all earlier names for what is now called P5 and will soon be P6.
Dennis Hanks
Thanks, that is all it took. Did not see a forum for P5, P6, or Contractor. P3 was the closest fit. Again, thanks.
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 15 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Dennis you’re in the wrong forum, this one is for P3.

But there should be a step tab, if you mean the Activity Details window. And that’s the default after it’s installed, that the Steps tab is shown. All I can think of is that someone has possibly customised the tabs. Right-mouse click in the tab area to check that.