Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

BOQ in P3 ec

3 replies [Last post]
Jagathnarayanan A...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, good day,

Please can anyone help me to add the BOQ to see that I have a cost-loaded schedule and get my payment by the percentages applied to activities during prgress.

Angyan

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
angyan

To load the BOQ you can
First set up the CBS activity From the contract items breakdown CBS - Cost Breakdown Strcuture

Then load the CBS activities with the resource unit and cost from your BOQ.

Then breakdown the WBS in accordance with the actual works that need to be preform. (Sometime CBS is not always WBS)

Once this is done, then you update the WBS each month and using the EV from the WBS and update the CBS activities that loaded with the BOQ

Never use auto-complete if you relate your earn vaule with your BOQ

Good Luck

Alex
Jagathnarayanan A...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks,

Please note that BOQ means Bill of Quanitities and in any contract we do have the value of the contract broken down into items of the BOQ.

Regards
angyan
Nigel Hussey
User offline. Last seen 17 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry but I do not know what BOQ stands for but what may help is by default Primavera projects are setup using Duration as the ’Percent Complete Type’. If you are updating percentages on duration based progress and want the Earned value to be calculated from this percentage then on the Project screen select the ’Calculations’ tab and tick "Recalculate Actual Units and Cost when duration % complete changes".

Or try the following might also help

To calculate activity, resource, and expense actuals according to the project plan, rather than hours, units, and completion percentages reported by resources, mark the Auto Compute Actuals checkbox for each resource (in the Details tab of Resource Details) or nonresource cost (in the Expenses tab of Activity Details).

Cheers