Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SAP into P3e ??

4 replies [Last post]
Sundeep Nijran
User offline. Last seen 13 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone figured out the most efficient way of intergrating the SAP actuals directly into P3e.

I have used the SDK but have found it to be unreliable, can corrupt the whole database.

As SAP outputs in CSV you can have it all merge together in Excel but that defeats the whole idea.

I appreciate that you need to align the WBS and CBS to achieve this and there is a product from Impress that does this but I hear it is too expensive so won’t get sign off.

Replies

DANG CORP
User offline. Last seen 8 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
hi Sundeep,

i have a customer asked me this same question 3 days ago.

what they wanted to do is, get SAP FI actuals dollars for each PO (purchase Orders).

and update that into there current P3e plans.
that way the project managers does’nt need to jump into SAP to look at the actuals and to get a nice S-curve graphs etc.

this is what they used in the meantime.

- SAP export the data to CSV (excel format)
- they get this data and automatically loaded it into P3e, ’User Defined Fields’ UDF.
- when the UDF have the data for each activities, then they run a "global change" to update the actuals column with that UDF fields.

I have a movie on my website on explaining this methods more.

Vu Dang
http://www.dangcorp.com

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Sundeep

Since it is one direction, you can use what I call batch integration. (Unless the data is time critical that when you need real time integration)

By batch processing mean you will have a dump file that generated from SAP daily, hrly, weekly. (Depends on the reporting and update requirement)
Then by programming either API or SDK you can pick up that file and intergate the resource/material and actual $ into P3e where you can update the activity progress separately.

There is off the shelf product also enable you to do most of the above task without any tailor made development.

As a result, your P3e schedule will have all the actual expenses, cost, material delivery forcast automatically.

Of course, "$" - using this method you will looking @ 1/3 or even less of using Impress. If you need more info I can tell you a bit more details. PM me with your e-mail I can provide you a money saving solutions.

Alex
Sundeep Nijran
User offline. Last seen 13 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Alex

SAP into P3e (uni Directional)

Modules of SAP are FI, CO

Level for P3e are not recreated in SAP . SAP is detailed for Materials and Expenses And Labour

Where as P3e Total Material, Expenses.

But WBS elements for labour .

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Sundeep,

My question is

What is the level of integration??
Bi-directional??
Which modual in SAP is your inteface point CO, IM, PS, PM??
Is all data in Primavera is going to replicate in SAP??

I can give you some direction/solution of how the integrate these system if you can provide a bit more information

Cheers

Alex