Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Offshore Implementation

5 replies [Last post]
Susan Young
User offline. Last seen 11 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Friends,

I would like inputs on some kind of "Work Procedure" for implementing P3e - with Server at one location & multiple users at different geographical locations.

Our company HO is in Europe (where we intend to have the server) with work sites in different continents. I am looking for a detailed P3e implementation procedure, in particular, referring to site planners.

If anyone of you has already some kind of written procedure - I would be glad if you could email it me for my info.

Thanks,

Sue

Replies

Malcolm Graham
User offline. Last seen 17 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Have you considered mobile devices? My company provides mobile and wireless solutions that allow updates to Primavera from offshore facilities. Please see this link for more details:

http://www.sensorynet.co.uk/protrackerfull.jsp
Sanjiv Parekh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
I think installation on SQL server and access from citrix will be best way to go....as even we do not need to install clinet application on any computers.....- sanjiv
wungyea lee
User offline. Last seen 14 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
I am aslo now working for a offshore project in Taiwan, point me a direction at wungyea @mail . nsysu. edu. tw
Keith Marsden
User offline. Last seen 13 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Sue,

Just done something similar for my current employer.

Centrally hosted P3e sitting on a Microsoft SQL Server with users making access via Citrix.

Drop me a line if you want any pointers...
Susan Young
User offline. Last seen 11 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
My Email - sussaa2001@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Sue