Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

UDF - Loosing data!!!

5 replies [Last post]
Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Planners

I define some activity codes for my time schedule (in primavera 5.0). When I copy mentioned project (I select copy activity code too in dialog box) just some value of activity codes be copied and most of the value are lost. I don’t know how it might be happened, is it primavera bug or not?! For example:

Original project:
Activity no.1 (activity code value)=M
Activity no.2 (activity code value)=M
Activity no.3 (activity code value)=M

After copying mentioned project
Activity no.1 (activity code value)=(blank)
Activity no.2 (activity code value)=M
Activity no.3 (activity code value)= (blank)

Finally I solved this problem by using global change (whenever I copy a project I have to run global change to fill activity codes!!!!!)
I’ll be really glad if anyone of you have the same experience and you could solve that problem, put your solution here for using by me and other fellows.

Kind Regards
Amir Dadbakhsh

Replies

Chris Radecki
User offline. Last seen 7 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for this thread.

The PRIM quoted does not seem to be right - but not to worry

What I was looking for was where EPS Activity codes are deleted for no apparent reason. The reason that I since found is that I used ’Check Project Integrity’

There is a glitch in P3e when ’EPS level’ Activity code assignments are removed by ’Check Project Integrity’ prim32313.

So the moral is do not use ’Check Project Integrity’

Now to remap the Activity codes - oh well. Thank god for backups.

Amir Dadbakhsh
Dear Bill

I changed PM.INI and it worked (I copied a project without any problem).

Thanks a lot
Amir
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Amir,

This is a known defect with Primavera 5 with the combination of SQL Server, Paste Project, and User defined Activity fields. See prim30231 in the Support knowledgebase.

You have two workarounds that will resolve this.

1. When copying projects, organize the projects screen by something other than EPS. Problem is only when pasting and you are organized by EPS. Or
2. Add the following setting in the PM.INI file in the section [Options]
UseSPToPasteProject=0

Solution 2 will force the program to not use a stored procedure used when copying. Problem is with the stored procedure.

Regards,
Bill
Amir Dadbakhsh
Dear Bill,
A)I mean "User Defined Fields" and "Activity" Section (Sorry I wrote my previous message wrong and I correct it here!).
B)First I prepared mentioned plan in primavera 4.1 (Interbase) then after while I have brought it (convert it) to primavera 5.0 (SQL database).
Thanks
Amir
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Amir,

Are these activity codes or activity UDFs ? The subject reads UDF, but the body of the message indicates codes.

Also are you using an Oracle or SQL Server / MSDE database.

Regards,
Bill