Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline budget and primary baseline

11 replies [Last post]
Dinesh Kumar Dama...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Dear experts, I have two schedules of a same project. One is the original baseline and the other is the revised. some of the activties from the original schedule have been deleted in the revised schedule.When we set the original baseline as primary baseline to the revised schedule,baseline budget figure only reflects the figures related to the activties in the revised schedule but not the total budget in the primary baseline.Is there any option in P3e to show the total budget when set as the primary baseline. Sorry if it is a silly question (I am new to P3e) Your kind advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks & regards Dinesh

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dinesh

Try to search a company call SunTech in Australia

I think they have a very good product to interface with SDK and P3e.

Daya

My problem with the time display in P3e is: it do not have year by year in the resource and time line display. I hate this, because I have to sum the four quarters in order to have th actual annual figures. It is not very good

Cheers

Alex
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Daynanidhy.

Clicking to the next year is still very simple.
When you’re in the calander.
First click in the month in the calander on the top.Then days will become months, and month becomes year, in the calander. You can click to the next year in one click by the ">" button next to the year.

Regards

Henk
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Alex,

I could notice that some of a few simple things just like moving into next years in the Calendars by clicking ">>" buttons are missing in P4. I could not find it as such in P3. Do you know what is the reason of omitting this option in P4.

Regards

Daya
Dinesh Kumar Dama...
Ofcourse Mr.Alex,I understand you can do that using SDK.do you have any tools or files that you can share with us.

I also heard we can use access database to link with P3e database and do the neccessary manupulation, has anybody tried it and have any advice.

Thank you

Dinesh
Alex Wong
Dear Planner,

There are tools that utilised SDK and ease the process of importing and exporting in P3e.

Cheers

Alex
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Dinesh

You can use the SDK (Software Development Kid). In combination with Excel. There’s a spreadsheet called Activity.xls that makes it (simply) possible to commumicate with your database (imput and export) However it stil isn’t as strong as P3, import/export function (for now)

Regards

Henk
Dinesh Kumar Dama...
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

One more question,how can I just import the progress data like actual start, actual finish and percentage complete from the updated programme to the existing programme in the P3e.I used to do that in P3 using exporting and importing between MS Excel and P3.

Thanks & regards

Dinesh
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
Dear Alex,

Thank you for clarifying it.

Cheers!!!

Daya
Alex Wong
Daya

To my knowledge, what you mentioned is the same product. Few differents are
1. Color (their menu color and look are different)
2. Standard Report Layout
3. Field Names (Plan/Budget)

Beside the above, I do believe they are the same.

Regards

Alex
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
Dear Alex,

I am also a newbie to this Primavera enterprise forum. I would like to know the difference between Primavera Project Planner Professional (shall we call it as P4??) and P3 Enterprise or P4 and P3e are the same product???.

Cheers!!!

Daya
Alex Wong
Dinesh

Unless you still have the original activities that contain the budget in your new program, otherwise you cannot includes and display your original budget correctly.

In this case, is it mean that your new plan use less than the original budget. What happen to the deleted activities, are they completed or redefine as other activities. You must be very careful when deleting activities.

To revise it you can copy across the original activity that is still exist in the baseline and reset their budget and remaining.

Hope it help. When you dealing with baseline be very careful with your budget $ Q and $ Q @ completion

Alex