Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Split activity bars in TeamPlay

4 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
Is it possible to split activity bars in the Primavera TeamPlay bar chart?
P3 knows the "neck" functionnality, but no "split".
Thanks

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Alexandre

I am in the progress of updating my Primavera Version 3.5 book to Version 4.1 and I am discovering things on the way.

You will need to update to Primavera Version 4.1 which now has bar necking. It was not in 3.5 and I do not know about 4.0 but I suspect it was.

Just to clarify on splitting, the only splitting I have found in Primavera Version 4.1 is when Retained Logic or Actual Dates are used and then a task will split with Out of Sequence Progress.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers, Training & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I don’t think so.
As alternative (can apply on P3, not sure PEC), you can divide the bar into several segment. The ’split’ are will be in white colour and no boarder, so it look like ’disappear’ on print out, except the vertical sighe line still ’missing’ on the ’split’ area.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Not in the way Microsoft Project does.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers, Training & Consulting
www.eh.com.au