Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Migration from P3 to P6

7 replies [Last post]
Ajeej N
User offline. Last seen 8 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
In P3 for monthly planned manpower required was generated from Tools-Tabular reports-Resourse - Loading -Total monthly usage- modify to which resourse required and Run.
Which is the equivalent report writer in P6.

Similar after updating every week for earned value, - Tools -Tabular reports-Resourse - Earned value -RE01 - modify change to cash loaded in resourse and RUN.
which is equivalent in P6.

Also for resourse (L*)we can see the required resourse monthly in P3 in table below. but what is option in P6

Replies

Ajeej N

hai,

I have a recovery program and the activities have some actual start dates. The activity duration type assigned is fixed duration and units.

Resources assignments have - Preserve units, duration and units/times assigned.

but when i check the resource usage spread sheet, in updated activities,  the Actual units  + remaining units doesnt match to budgeted units. i have assigned resources as budgeted units.

Can anybody help me out

regards

ajeej

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Ajeej,
In P6, highlight all then copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) to excel.
Ajeej N
Dear sir,

In continiuation to my problem, can you give me step by step method to produce the resourse loading report and cash flow report per month wise in P6(as in P3) exported to excel file using report wizard. I have been trying too much but not sucessful

with regards
Ajeej
Ajeej N
Dear sir,

Thanks a lot for the information

with best regards
Ajeej
Rodel Marasigan
Ajeej,

To use resource usage spreadsheet click resource usage spreadsheet icon or select View-> Show on Bottom-> Resource Usage Spreadsheet then click the resource on the bottom left and it will display resource spread per timescale. To see all resource, highlight all resource. (see sample below)
Resource Spread

In P3 you cannot define labor, non-labor or equipment and materials but you can name it as define labor, non-labor or equipment and materials and define a cost type. Meaning all of them are just labor therefore when imported to P6 all are recognize as labor.

You can produce earned value report using activity window (activity module) or tracking window (tracking module)
To use activity window click activity usage profile icon or select View-> Show on Bottom-> Activity Usage Profile. Then right click on the profile and select Activity Usage Profile Options and tick Earn Value, Plan Value, At Completion or anything that you wanted to show on the profile. (see sample below)
EV Profile
Ajeej N
Sir,

I didnt get you. can you brief me once again.
Also I have loaded equipment, Cash(BOQ amount) also as resourse. But when i export the P3 file to P6, the equipment resourse is also taken as labour. can u help me in earned value report(% value of work done) generate in P6 reports

Thanks for your reply

With warm regards
ajeej
Rodel Marasigan
Ajeej.

You can use the resource usage spreadsheet to see required resources per timescale.