Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Uses of Cost Accounts

6 replies [Last post]
Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All ,

Please mention what is the use if we create cost account.

What will its application in case of report generation.

Also what is the procedure for creating a good cost account.

With Thanks & Regards,

Anbin Ponnith

Replies

Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi,

I read your reply to Anbin Ponnithon cost accounts on Oct 10, 2009. It was very use full for me, thnax for that. I am new in planning and too week in report making and cost accounts. Please refer me to some web page or book or describe it in here if possible.

What I am doing is to create a resource “C” and assign it the value of my B.O.Q. but I got the idea from your above said reply is to create resources as per the B.O.Q. i.e. Div 01, Div 02, … or Item 01, 02, … Or Item A, B, … And assign the cost to the same.

You can contact me on my email also tanveeraniazi@yahoo.com

Thanx

Barry Fullarton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Raviraj Bhedase

How do you manage to align with your Bill Of Qunaitities ??

also are you abl;e to Align your Bill in P6 if so How do you manage to do this

regards
Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

Thanks for the reply...

regards,

Anbin Ponnith
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
My cost accounts are aligned with the BOQ and so, it is easy to prepare the cost reports directly from P3 and u can compare that with ur updated BOQ prepared by QS team.
Johnny Pain
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
hi

I personnaly use cost accounts to track hours for several resources.
you can track the number of hours for every single resource in your project, but if you assign costs accounts to tasks that have different resources, you can create a report that’ll give you the number of hours that are daily needed/done for each cost account (resource groups).
these reports are in tools/tabular reports/resource/tabular.

but there are, I guess, many other usages for these.
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 13 hours ago. Offline
Cost accounts might be the way Primavera communicates with other Accounting and Job Costing software.

You might mimic cost accounts with the use of resources, one resource per cost account, this I do with SureTrak but it cannot communicate with accounting software such as Timberline.

It also add some efficiency, ease of use and avoid clutter at your resource drop down list. It even add some versatility for reporting. For example you can create a resource for Labor, Equipment, Materials, Sucontracts and Other which in combination with cost codes can save you a lot of database fields. In this way you can report for Labor, Equipment, Material, Subcontracts and other for each cost code without the need to create a cost code for each combination.