Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delete Activity Relationship

9 replies [Last post]
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,

What is the easiest way to delete activity relationships in P3 for certain group of activities?.

Thanking in anticipation.

Daya

Replies

ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Export it into primavera P5 you can revomed it easily. then i suggest to leave p3 it will become obsolete soon
Valentin Sendula
User offline. Last seen 9 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
I don’t know if this works in other versions but in in Primavera version 5.0 you just select all the activities where you want to remove the relationships, you copy them and paste them in the same project. When you click paste the screen appears with what you want to paste, so you deselect relationships and click ok.
Then you get a copy of all your activities but without the relationships. Now you can delete the original activities that still have relationships.

Good luck.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
No worries mate, that what PP are for!
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
Dear Rodel,

Thanks a lot for your extensive help and it works very well. I struggled a lot before due to unable to recall the reserve letter/word "S". and thanks for your additional information on "A","R" and "L".

Cheers!!!

Daya
Rodel Marasigan
Sorry Dayanidhi,

I’m thinking of P3e on Export where "D" is the delete flag. You should be using "S" instead of "D" in P3.1 to delete activity relationship.

Below are the step to make the things clear.

To delete data in Lotus 1-2-3 or dBASE

Follow these steps to delete the activity ID, resource name or designator, cost account, or relationship type from a spreadsheet or dBASE file; delete or modify all other types of data directly.

1) Export the data to be deleted from P3.
2) Create a new column in Lotus 1-2-3 or add a new field in dBASE. The column or field width must be at least one character. The specific location in the file is unimportant.
3) Name the range Delete using the Range Name command in Lotus 1-2-3, or name the field Delete in dBASE.
The field must be designated as a text range name in Lotus 1-2-3 and as a character field in dBASE.
4) Specify the one-character code in the newly added column or field to delete specific activity data. Leave the cell or field blank for any activities that are unchanged or that contain new or updated data.

A - deletes all data for that activity ID.
R - deletes resources for that activity ID.
L - deletes log records for that activity ID.
S - deletes the relationship for that activity ID.

5) Add any new data to replace the deleted data items. To add or delete relationship types, the activity ID, successor, and relationship type must also exist in the file. Change the relationship lag only if a lag value not equal to zero already exists.

Note: If you are using DBF extension make sure to include into the range name "Database" the column that you added otherwise you will lose your data when save back to DBF extension.

Hope this help. Please let me know the result so I can help you further.

Regards,
Rodel
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
I have introduced another column (DELETE) in Excel(before that i exported the successor relationship from Tools->ProjectUtility) next to the REL column, then typed D under the DELETE column but nothing happens in the P3 when i import that file. Could you please help me further?.
Rodel Marasigan
Yes...just type D on the last column/ delete flag on all activity relationship you need to delete.

Cheers,
Rodel
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
Is there any keyword for activity relationship to delete from Excel import option?.
Rodel Marasigan
Try RA/ Excel Utilities. Easy like magic.

Regards,
Rodel