Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Format Necking for suspended activity

3 replies [Last post]
Dave Dodds
User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know if there is a way to show a physical split in the bar when an activity has been suspended? I am trying to show a blank space in between the first portion of work and the remaining portion.

Replies

Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Unfortunately, It is not possible, the old open plan had that trick, the only way is splitting the activity in two, and puttting a lag in there
Dave Dodds
User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Phillip,
Thanks for the help. I may not have worded my question properly. What I am trying to do is to have the necked portion of the activity not visible in the bar. I wondered if you can format the neck to be transparent.
Cheers
Dave
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dave,
The facility exists, however it allows only one split, which can be changed, to a second split, but the first will disapear. You go the activity view, and then to dates, where it will give you the option of suspend, and resume, and set the suspend date, and the resume date. You also have to click on the barchart, left click, and set on the necking, on the bars.