Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 - XER Conversion / XER Format

4 replies [Last post]
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All

I’m hoping a Primavera expert can offer some assistance to a Primavera dummy…

Is there such thing as P3 to XER file conversion utility – can I get hold of one? I have a client who uses P3e and I wasn’t to convert my P3 files so he can use it.

If there is no utility, or in addition, is there anywhere documented the technical specification of an XER format? I am thinking maybe our IT guys could cobble a conversion together for me.

Thanks

David

ps. I have taken the liberty of posting this message in the P3e forum too.

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Remove the access right control and make sure the user "EVERYONE" is on the access user list. Otherwise P3 must be installed for the import.
Actually if you send them a PRX file then they must have P3 to restore it before importing to P3e. It would be safer just to send them the native format
Ruel Llegado
User offline. Last seen 18 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Christian is right.

Just send to them the back up PRX format or the native file and let them import it to P3ec.

Cheers!!!
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi David

XER format are for P3e & P3ec only and not with P3 3.1.
What you can do is give your client your P3 file and let them import and convert it to P3e file. You can only have that functionality if you have a P3ec.

Cheers!