Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Global Change Resources retaining "Budgeted Units/Time"

5 replies [Last post]
David Cartwright
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good Morning, I am trying to do a Global Change to change some resource Name ID's to a new set of resources.  When I do my original Duration on the Resources tab is retained but the "Budgeted Units/Time" value changes back to the default of 1.  Is it possible to preserve the duration and budgeted units/time when I change reseources?

Thank you in advance

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi David,

Check your setting on User Preferences --> Calculation Tab. Make sure that "Preserve the Unit, Duration...." is tick. See below:

User-Preferences-Calculations-Tab

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Jose,

Usually it happens if the Material or Non-Labor or Labor resource ID is already existing on the other users P6 database but diferent resource name. If the option for import XER resource is set to Keep Existing instead of Update Existing then this will not overide the existing resources.

Jose Ronald Lingahan
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Good day! I trying to save my XER file in USB(Pen drive) to share it to another user but the materials resources is not preserve/display to the other user?Labor resources is ok no problem with that? Anybody please share any solution to this materials resources which is missing to other users...Thanks
Jose Ronald Lingahan
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline

Good day! I trying to save my XER file in USB(Pen drive) to share it to another user but the materials resources is not preserve/display to the other user?Labor resources is ok no problem with that? Anybody please share any solution to this materials resources which is missing to other users...Thanks 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

make sure that the duration type is set to fixed duration and units/time 

the other option is to export them to excel run your global chnage and then import them back in