Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Contracts and Project Control Procedures and Processes

4 replies [Last post]
Khurram Iftikhar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I have been given a task of standardizing Contracts and Project Controls processes and procedures. We are a service company in oil and gas and management is looking to reestablish these procedures based on well-known standards in major oil companies likes of Shell, Chevron, etc.

Our purpose is to base our procedures based on industry standards and develop customized digital systems, kinda PMIS, tailored to our needs.

Any reference to such Contracts and Project Controls standard procedures/processes/helping materials will make my job much much easier.

Thanks

Replies

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

I guess that you mean with process maps the input, tools & techniques, output.

My knowledge of project management and planning is based on the guidelines and standards of internationally renowned organizations such as the Project Management Institute (PMI), AACE, SLC, the CAR of the Guild of Project Controls and the ISO 21500 Guidelines for Project Management.

Johannes

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Khurram,

One of the best project Controls standard procedures/processes is only an few clicks away.

I suggest to use the "Compendium" on the same page as your post.

Good luck Johannes

Khurram Iftikhar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Johannes for the valuable information. I feel they're more than enough procedures for me. I will join PP very soon.

Now on process maps, I mean are they available within the Compendium or is there any available source?

Thank you.