Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Date Center Programme Sample

7 replies [Last post]
Yarkin Bilgic
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you work in any Data Center project? I was thinking of getting into data center projects and was wondering if any of you have a programme sample for data center, if so I would really appreciate it, if you could share it with me.

Thanks in advance!

Yarkin

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

most schedules created are project specific no one just creats them for fum.

Zoltan Palffy

most schedules created are project specific no one just creats them for fum.

Yarkin Bilgic

Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your encouriging message. I will send you a private message now. 

Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Yarkin

Yarkin Bilgic

Yeah that's why I asked for a sample not a project specific programme.

Zoltan Palffy

a lot of these palces this info is propriatary 

Patrick Mullen
User offline. Last seen 3 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Yarkin,

I've actually scheduled quite a few datacenters. I'm new to Planning Planet so I'm not sure how to share files with you but I could send you a stripped out version of an older schedule. The datacenters that we were building were large precast tilt-up structures. On the inside, the data centers that we were building had a main center where all of the server rows exist. In that area there were a tremendous amount of air handler units that regulate the temperature of the server area. Also, we had a large process chilled piping loop that circulates water to the cooling towers and recirculates the water back through to the air handling units. 

There's a tremendous amount of redundancy in a data center. Typically they'll have backup generators in case the main power gets shut off, along with redundancy in the system so that the servers don't rely on one main source of power. 

Feel free to reach out though, I'd be happy to share whatever knowledge I have.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Patrick Mullen
User offline. Last seen 3 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Yarkin,

I've actually scheduled quite a few datacenters. I'm new to Planning Planet so I'm not sure how to share files with you but I could send you a stripped out version of an older schedule. The datacenters that we were building were large precast tilt-up structures. On the inside, the data centers that we were building had a main center where all of the server rows exist. In that area there were a tremendous amount of air handler units that regulate the temperature of the server area. Also, we had a large process chilled piping loop that circulates water to the cooling towers and recirculates the water back through to the air handling units. 

There's a tremendous amount of redundancy in a data center. Typically they'll have backup generators in case the main power gets shut off, along with redundancy in the system so that the servers don't rely on one main source of power. 

Feel free to reach out though, I'd be happy to share whatever knowledge I have.

Kind Regards,

Patrick