Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adverse Weather

6 replies [Last post]
johan verhoeven
User offline. Last seen 7 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hello,

I need to build a schedule including adverse weather based on Q50 and one Q90. What does it exactly mean?

Second part of the question each affected activity shall show networking time and adverse weather delays? How can this be done? I assume it should be seen in the gantt chart but one activity should show both i.e. net working time and adverse weather.

Can this be done in PRIMAVERA P6 alternatively in MS PROJECT? Dan if positive anwser i would be very interested in finding out how.

Thank in advance,

johan

Replies

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 week ago. Offline

Dear Mike,

Thank you , now it is clear..

Best Regards,

Sunil.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Zoltan

Not knowing which whether it is Q50 or Q90 for any particular task means that you will have to use 2 different project files.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Mike Testro

Hi Sunil

Interior finishings do not stop if it rains.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

What is the use of second calendar ?. Adverse weather affecting the work can be marked as non working days if that is the scenario what is the purpose of second calendar. Please explain.

Best Regards,

Sunil.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

The Q50 and the Q90 refers to a probablistic forecast of precipitation in a percentile for the Q50 it would be the 50th percentile and Q90 would be the 90th percentile. This to me sounds like you would need 2 different weather calendars and one non- weather calendar. 

In the Q50 calendar you would have to add the number of monthly anticipated adverse weather days based on a 50% chance of precipitation and the Q90 calendar you would have to add the number of monthly anticipated adverse weather days based on a 90% chance of precipitation. So in each of these calendars you would have to make these days as non-working days in your calendars.

Once you create these calendars now you have to assign any activities that are weather sensitive to one of these calendars. Which one to use I have no idea. 

This can be done in P6 by going to enterprise calendars and creating a new calendar or modify an existing calendar. 

Mike Testro

Hi Johan

Place adverse weather as non working days on a calendar.

You will need two calendars - one for external work affected by weather and one for internal work.

Best regards

Mike Testro