Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Civil Infrastructure project help

4 replies [Last post]
imran khan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everybody!!!!!

I have been given a project of already built 30 villas and the project is planning of road, water supply, and electricity supply to those villas. I dont have any idea since previously i was involved with MEP building planning.....so could anybody out there will help me out with their valuable suggestions!!!!!

Regards,

Imran

Replies

imran khan

Hi Sofi,

Thanks for your suggestion!!!! 

Regards,

Imran

Anning Sofi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Imran,  I will recommend that you read the drawings (especially, GA, Plan and Profiles, coordination drawings). Talk or consult with your construction managers/supervisors on the priorities and sequencing. Plan the program, review it with them, and finalise the plan.

imran khan

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Let me proceed accordingly what you have pointed and if i get any difficulty i will definately gonna ask your help again!!!!  :)

Regards,

Imran

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Imran

First divide the layout into sections and then plan to work from the back out towards the entrance.

Next sort out your work sections; Roads - Pavings - services - landscaping etc.

Roads:

The sequence is - Excavate to formation - lay kerbs and edgings - sub base - tarmac base - topping and lines.

These last two being kept to the very end of the project.

Pavings:

After Kerbs and edgings and services the pavement sub base and topping is laid.

Services:

Water gas elecricity It are usually placed in the pavement with tap off connections to the villas.

Street Lighting needs box outs in the pavement for electical connections which are to be filled after testing.

Drains are different because they have to be laid from the lowest outfall up to the highest point - cutting across your sections. If the drains are located in the roads then they must be installed before the sub base.

Road run off drains follow the contour of the kerb.

Landscaping:

Hard landscaping such as paths and parking can be done alongiside Pavings.

Soft landscaping and topsoiling and planting is done last - but planting may have to follow the relevant planting season. Include for cutting and pruning in the next season.

Fencing signs and furniture are placed after the hard landscaping.

If there is a security hut and barrier then put this in a separate sub programme.

Best regards

Mike Testro