Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rainscreen cladding

3 replies [Last post]
Danang Projosujadi
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Could anybody advise in regard of production output rate for rainscreen cladding installation.

Replies

James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 17 weeks ago. Offline
Have a look at;

http://www.engineering.leeds.ac.uk/civil/research/cae/current/cimclad/Re...

item 3.5 on Page 12 gives some general guidance, but unfortunately the main advice is "it depends on the system". They do give guidance relative top known rates though, which might help you zoom in on an estimate. An alternative would be to contact 3 or 4 suppliers and take an average
Danang Projosujadi
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
James,

Thank you for the information. At the moment the construction team and designer still have to decide which cladding system to be used. Until then I will have my best ’guesstimate’ to be put on the tender programme, which the rate is roughly 10 - 30m2 / day (presumed tiles to be used). This then will give me 10 weeks of installation.

Thanks.
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 17 weeks ago. Offline
Danang,

Having spent 8 years putting various different types of cladding on buildings, I can say with some authority that it entirely depends on the design ... sorry. There are a few things that you can think about to zero in on a reasonable install rate though;

- Is it a custom designed or off-the-shelf screen?
- Is it a unitised system (panels are prefabbed off site and mounted to brackets fixed during structural works) or "stick system" where the wall arrives in bits and is assembled in place (and sometimes cut to size on site aswell)
- Is it all one "type" of cladding or do different elevations / levels have different designs?
- If it’s a unitised system, what are the standard panel sizes?

The cladding systems I worked with were all custom designs, if this is your circumstance you really need to study the design itself along with someone versed in installation to determine the install rate. Unitised cladding systems require very long lead-in times but the work on site can be in the order of a floor every 2 days for tower work. Stick systems usually require less lead-in but the site progress is slower. Cut on site stick systems, well...

If it’s an off the shelf system, The manufacturer should be able to provide guidance.

hope this is of some help