Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Easy way to find change in links

6 replies [Last post]
Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Pals,

Is there any easy way to check changes in link of program (Change of link between same program 2 revisions Rev.0 & Rev.1). After approval of rev. 0 if i change some links (Activity count 5000), is there any easy way to find out the changes like export to excel? and compare i dono??!! plz advice!!

Replies

Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
You have ’Primavera claim digger’ version 3.0 software. it’s around 300$ and it has same features as the one already integrated in P5 & P6 even more...

JK
Bea Sports
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I also agree with Rodel.
What I do is compare baseline (or any other version) with my current. Using Access I run a query that links the project versions I wish to check to find any change in comparisons such as pred., constraint type, lag, %lag, pred. calendar.... that exist in original and not in actual and vise-versa. Once this is completed the Query links Activity Code with the Description from the Activity table and I can see all the changes, if any, that have occured. (new and/or lost links).
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Yes i totally agree with Rodel... from that file u can see what is predecessors....but pls take note ... they shown activity codes only. That’s mean u need to vlookup ....to get the desc. detail....
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Santhosh,

Of course there is lots of software available that can solve your problem that normally used for claims. If you are using P3 v3.1 another option is to use RA excel utilities that included your P3 CD installation disk. You can use ACTIVITY.xls or PREDSUCC.XLS

Both of this excel RA are importing relationship and you can compare your relationship by importing both revision and compare the activities predecessor and successor to check the changes.

Regards,
Rodel
Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Me using P3, V 3.1. In fact i want to play with program which is going to submitt next revision soon!!. One of my frined told me that there is an easy tool ! to find the any changes u made in link with previous submittals , i want to know wether it is there or on have to compare with dates etc!!
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Santhosh,

If you are using P3e or P5 the easiest way is to use the claim digger. You can compare projects to projects per revision. If you want to check only the relationship change then you need to click advance and un-tick all data that you don’t need to use for comparison except for relationship. These will general the full report relationship comparison and other data that you require when comparing project to projects.

Hope this help

Regards,
Rodel