Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to get planned % weight from P3.1?

8 replies [Last post]
Joseph Erwin Carg...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Good day guys,

does anyone know how i can determine the Planned % weight for the whole project? so that i can plot it on S-Curve using Excel.

thanks

Replies

Lotfi Ghodhbani
User offline. Last seen 13 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Joseph,

The process to get planned % weight and eventually the actual one is very long and complex but it gives very good results :

1 ) Declare a resource (weight);

2 ) Assign the weight of each tash of the schedule;

3 ) Declare resource variables under Custom Data Items;

4 ) Run Report Writer to generate Level 1/2/3 Progress Reports. This requires a good understanding of P3 macro-programming under Report Writer ;

5 ) Generate reports in CSV Format to allow use with Excel;

6 ) Update your "S" Curve in Excel Format.

Regards,

Lotfi
Joseph Erwin Carg...
Rollen,

tnx for that, it surely helps..

tnx guys
Svein Myklebust
User offline. Last seen 15 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Why Excel?
Just because it’s a program they know
or are they gonna use it for something?

Svein
Rollen Lopez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Joseph,

Here is one way you can transfer your curve, graphics to excel or word.

In primavera look, where your curve, graphics are being displayed. Choose menu option - Edit, Select all,or simply control A.

Now, switch to your excel file choose menu option, edit,paste special, (make sure you do not paste this time),select picture(enhanced metafile). Then you will see your graphics in the same way as what you see in Primavera Look. You may resize according to your preference.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Rollen
Joseph Erwin Carg...
Thank you james...

joseph
James Bridges
User offline. Last seen 13 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Joseph,

I’m sure there is a way to export the curve to excel, I think it’s been discussed else where on these forums. As a last resort to could always transfer the curve into excel manually.

You can show planned percentage complete based on duration. You should be able to select planned percentage complete as one of the columns to display, if I remember correctly.

Regards
Joseph Erwin Carg...
James

Good day,i already generated a curve...but our client want it to be ploted on excel format...is there any way that a curve generated from p3 can be transfered to excel?

and if there will be no resources is it possible for p3 to give the planned percent weight each week?

tnx,

joseph
James Bridges
User offline. Last seen 13 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You need to add a resource or cost to each activity before you can generate a curve.