Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SQlite DB Any Way to Extract Projects?

5 replies [Last post]
Cynthia Stiffler
User offline. Last seen 2 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am in version 15.2 using a SQLlite DB and I keep getting the error code:

Exception EAccessViolation in module PM.exe at 0000000001E1C9A1.

TCVirtualTable.RefreshAppend: TASKACTV: Access violation at address 

00000000221C9A1 in module 'PM.eve' Read of address 

I have searched everywhere to solve this error and cannot find a solution.  If anyone has answers or a way to get my projects out of the DB file, it would be appreciated. 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
  • Sqlitebrowser:
    • To download, access http://sqlitebrowser.org
    • Choose the appropriate version (32 or 64 bit) for Windows.
    • Choose to download and Save the file to disk OR run the executable to install.
If the executable is saved to disk, the executable must still be run to install the product.  

After the product is installed:

Update userdata set user_data = null where topic_name = 'pm_settings' and user_id in (select user_id from users where user_name = '<username>');

where <username> is the user's login id for Project Management (remove the brackets)
Note:  If using Oracle run the following statement after the update:  commit;
  • Start -> All Programs -> SQLite expert
  • File -> Open database
  • Browse to the users MyDocuments folder to locate the PPMDBSQLite database.
  • In the SQL tab, enter the desired sql statement to run.
  • Delete the user preferences by running the following Update Statement:
    • Login to Project Management as the user, and the user preferences will be re-created with default settings.
Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Alexandre,

I'm fairly confident that P6 SQLite databases don't allow multiple users. I've opted not to pay Oracle support any more for P6, so cannot access their support portal, but there will be instructions on there on this error.

Cynthia Stiffler
User offline. Last seen 2 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

It is happening when I log into the database.  I cannot access any of my files. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

looks like corrupt data

when are you getting this error ?

If corruption happens repeatedly with respect to layouts, create a new layout and save it as a "Template" layout. Then copy of that "Template" layout (using Save As) and work in the copied layout. If corruption then occurs, open the "Template" layout and create a new copy (using Save As) to work from that again always keeping the "Template" and not using it in Production.