Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Report

5 replies [Last post]
Ismael Maksoud
User offline. Last seen 2 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I have 20 projects, each with 10 activities.

I need a reprot to show the first "not started" activity ONLY of each project in the 20 projects.

I mean I need a reprot of the first record of not started activity so in total it should be 20 lines.

Appreciate your feedback,

Ismael

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

they are correct

make a global code call it my20 and give it a code value of 20

now go into each project and filter where activity status equals NOT STARTED

no sort by start date and assign the my20 code to the 1st activivity

no do this 19 more times for the other projects

then open all 19 projects and filter for the code 

where my20 equals 20

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Ismael, Primavera has no ability to directly show only the first non-started activity. you would need extra coding and filtering to achieve this as I mentioned in my previous post.

To remove the 100 lines down to 20 you need to collapse to the second level - however this will indeed show all 100 activities, but collapse them down to one grouping band per project.

Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

I would group activities as Santosh has suggested and sort by ES date, then copy-paste into Excel and delete all but the first activity of each project.  This should take only a minute or two.
Unless of course you need to report directly from P6, in which case you would need a fancy filter.

Cheers, KB

Ismael Maksoud
User offline. Last seen 2 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
This showed all "not" started activities not the first one only. It showed 100 lines as each project has 5 uncompleted activities.
Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Open all projects, group by project as 1st level of grouping and then by activity status as 2nd level of grouping. Apply a filter to only select activities with activiry status equals not-started. Then collapse to r6he second grouping band. While this will display *all* bot started activities, it will be a report of only 20 lines and is the easiest way to produce this without needing complicated coding and filtering.