Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Comparing Earned Cost( As per BOQ) vs Actual Cost from Labour, Machine Cost

1 reply [Last post]
Ramees Ahamed
User offline. Last seen 1 year 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Planner

I am fairly new to programming and oracle P6. I am currently working as a planning engg for a contracting company in ME. Our company usually does lump sum contracts and I usually create the cost loading for the schedule using expense cost for activities. which gives me a proper earned value for my schedules. But this will also calculate actual cost based on the total project costs(Total Lumpsome quantity).what I want is to have the actual cost incurred for the company from material, Labor, Machinery & overhead instead for expense to make a profit statement project wise. But I dont want our clients to know our rates for material and labour. Also If i put that into schedule this will create double counting. Is there another approach to do this. 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

just add separate resources for labor, material, equipment and overhead. NO not use expenses and there will not be double counting. If you are worried about the client seeing your numbers then copy the project and strip them out before you give it to them. You can either add a column for budget costs and make the first one zero an then do a fill down or

run a global change. 

Where Budgeted cost is not equal to 0

then budgeted cost equal 0