Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Professional R8.3.2 - Expected Finish Button is Missing

6 replies [Last post]
Sean Meharg
User offline. Last seen 8 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I've recently been updated from R7 to R8.3.2. and now find that in the Activity Details, Status Tab, the Expected Finish option is missing. Is there a way of getting it back or have Oracle deleted the option from the software? The only way I am currently able to enter an Expected Finish is to create an EF column and enter the date there. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Replies

Ravi Katare
User offline. Last seen 10 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

As in 8.3, you can insert the column pertain Expected Finish date. It will work the same way.

- Ravi

Tom Reichner
User offline. Last seen 5 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Sean,

One more comment: it is not good practice to use Expected Finishes. Please keep in mind that a well developed schedule has no open ends and few, if any, constraints. Expected Finish acts like a hard constraint.

I avoid Expected Finishes and usually put in parantheses in the Activity Name the date we want to finish the Milestone activities. If the schedule is properly constructed, a delayed Milestone will have a delayed predecessor activity driving it, so you can find the problem and determine the recovery action for it.

Tom Reichner

Sean Meharg

Thanks again Tom. No, the option/graphics don't exist/appear at all, even for the incomplete activites. I'll speak to the IT guy who installed the update and see if he can investigate the possible HTML problem.

Tom Reichner

Sean,

If the problem is that "Expected Finish" does not appear at all, the problem may be an HTML bug. I suggest you contact your Primavera administrator and ask him/her to research the problem. If the problem is that "Expected Finish" is greyed out, then you have already actualized the finish date.

Other than that I don't have a solution at the moment.

Tom Reichner

Sean Meharg

Thanks for coming back so promptly Tom, however that checkmark is already selected. I'm attaching a screen dump below. The top section is R8.3.2 showing the option checkmarked but nothing shown in the Status Tab. Below it is the view in R7.0, where it is shown.

expected_finish_issue.jpg

Tom Reichner

Sean,

Press F9 or click on Tools/Schedule to open the Schedule Dialog box. Click on the Options button near the bottom right, and place a checkmark next to "Use Expected Finish Dates".