Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

User Manual - Open Plan Professional

8 replies [Last post]
Neil Tait
User offline. Last seen 12 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Last time I used open plan was 1993 and it’s changed a lot since then! Does anyone have a user manual for latest version that I can rest my arm on - pdf format, or ANOther.
Thanks

Replies

Barrie Callender
User offline. Last seen 1 year 11 weeks ago. Offline

If you haven't seen Open Plan for a while, then can I suggest you start with the Tour to get you acquainted again and then just dive in with reference to the User's Guide and others.

I can get to the documents from Start > Deltek > Open Plan Professional 3.5 (Workstation) > Documentation.  The list of available document are:

• Open Plan Developer's Guide
  • Open Plan Guided Tour
  • Open Plan Help
  • Open Plan Release Notes
  • Open Plan User's Guide

You can also ask your workplace for access to Deltek Customer Care where there is a forum and Knowledge Base articles.

Barrie

Kenneth Rodrigues
User offline. Last seen 7 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Gents the OPP User Guide or the Developer User Manual that is available on the Enterprise version is a cut down version. You best contact Deltek directly and he can probably email you a 20 Mb version or put it on some Sky Drive or Cloud Drive where you can download it from

Trudi Williams
User offline. Last seen 9 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

From the START menue > All Programs > Open Plan > Open Plan user guide :-)

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

It's been several years since I had Open Plan, but from memory the user manual pdf was saved somewhere like:

C:/programme files/deltek/open plan/docs

If you can't find it, speak to your IT person / licence holder.

I am not aware of any websites or forums where you can get hold of a free copy without breaching copyright.

Trudi Williams
User offline. Last seen 9 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Even so, if Open Plan was legitimately installed on your computer, the manuals should also have been.

I work for a very large company who certainly does have a licence. Is it the 'help menue' you're talking about Gary? If so, I have found it of very little help - maybe it's because I'm too 'right brain'. I would love to get my hands on a user manual that I can tag, highlight....read in bed!!

Gary Whitehead
Even so, if Open Plan was legitimately installed on your computer, the manuals should also have been.
Neil Tait
User offline. Last seen 12 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Multi user licence and goodness knows where the manual disappeared to - I was looking for the easy option.
Gary Whitehead
from memory, the user & developers guides should be in your Open Plan folder, docs subfolder