Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Setting up MS Project for an Engineering company

No replies
Gavin MacLeod
User offline. Last seen 5 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I am about to start a role at work where I will be required to set up a planning department using MS Project, specifically Project Online Professional.

My previous planning roles have been using P6 so I'm still getting up to speed with how MS Project works.

The company has multiple contracts, across multiple clients and would ultimately like to see the resoucing workload from a corporate level.

Therefore I'd like to set up MS Project like the following:

1. Corporate Level

2. Client Level

3. Asset/ Platform Level

4. Project Plans

I tested the Subproject tool to link separate projects together but I'm not so sure this will be robust enough.

What would I require to make this work?  Does Project Online Premium have the functionality I am looking for?

Many thanks,

G