Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How can I create a "Custom Work Field"

No replies
Martin Härri
User offline. Last seen 5 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I would like to implement custom fields which display a work value, for example "20 d". The fields can be either calculated (e.g. the work of a specific resource group), or entered (e.g. an initial estimate of work, which should not be entered in the standard "Work" field yet).

How can I create a field which displays the values including the units (e.g. "d" or "hrs"). I could take a Custom Number Field (but then I cannot add a unit, as far as I know), or a Custom Text Field (but that's not really what text fields are for), or tweak a Duration field for that purpose). What would you recommend?