Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P 6 to MSP 2007

2 replies [Last post]
Rohit K
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

I have imported a project from P6 to MSP 2007. The import was successful. But I have noticed that the Summary tasks shows the durations in Days while the subtasks / activities are in Hours. Also the predessor linkages are the(activity numbers + period in hours).

How to change the time period from hours to days?

Rohit

Replies

Rohit K
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Paul H,

Thank you, is there no other solution. I am looking for importing files from P6 to MSP.

Rohit

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 25 weeks ago. Offline

You have to overtype the durations with the day value.

Ther is an article on my web site under technical articles about importing Microsft Project files into P6 that may inteterest you:

http://www.eh.com.au/technical_papers.html

Paul E Harris

Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia

Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training

www.eh.com.au

www.eastwoodharris.com

www.primavera.com.au- a Primavera scheduling software resources site