Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Share your engineer’s story

5 replies [Last post]
Nor Shah Izam Md Nor
User offline. Last seen 14 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Hi engineers,
My name is Izam and about to launch my e-book this end Feb. My e-book is regarding how the engineers can survive in engineering/engineers’ world. Thus, I plan to insert a few personal stories from all over the world in the contents. Those who has great story how you could survive or you change your career from engineer background to other side, you are welcome to share a story with me.

The incentive is i will also insert your email adderess and contact no. It is also free ad for your personal bussiness. Please send to me in one page.
Just let me know.
1. When and Where did you graduate from?
2. What is your first job
3. What makes you change your job. What are you doing now
4. Any interesting story for us to share
5. Contact and email address

Replies

Nor Shah Izam Md Nor
Dear Mike and Samer,
I appreciate your comments, i value it very very much..
one of the chapter in my book is what engineer could turn to be .e.g planner, the message is dont limit your self what you could be..planner is good example..
ironically i was a planner before and i wrote how i turn to be Project Manager..

Mike, your comment is valid and hope in this forum planners could give some supports by comments..

thanks a lot to both of you..
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Izam

How about approaching your research from the opposite direction.

Ask for stories from PP planners about the stupid things that project engineers have done - no names no pack drill - but a starting point for a thesis.

I am thinking of moving this to the Trivia thread - see what happens.

Best regards

Mike Testro.

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Izam,

The book is about how to become a great engineer, and in your post you want stories about people who changed from engineering to other disciplines.

I think that you will have more great stories about engineering accomplishments. Because people who go to study usually pay a lot of money to study, and they want to get it back by practicing what they studied.

It should be an interesting read.

With kind regards,

Samer
Nor Shah Izam Md Nor
Hi Samer,

You could see my website now but it is only first draft. None cant buy now.
About to launch another 2 -3 weeks from today.

Please check my site and feel free to comment.

http://www.engineerjobdescription.com/

Regards
-izam-
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Izam,

I do not have a great story, but I would like to see your website when it is ready. So drop a line at PP when it is ready. Good luck.

With kind regards,

Samer