Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Microsoft Project Book

7 replies [Last post]
Dave Turnbull
User offline. Last seen 8 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Could anyone recommend a good Micosoft Project 2007 book, i have been using Project for over a year and I get out of it what I want but reading through this forum I think I could get a lot more out of it.

I dont want the real basics but the more advanced side of Project. If anyone knows of any good books than that would be very helpful

Thanks

Dave

Replies

Eric Uyttewaal
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Dave, My books "Forecast Scheduling" are really good; they treat a project schedule as a 'valid, dynamic and robust model of the project to continuously forecast it. You can find these books at: www.ProjectProCorp.com Thanks! Eric Uyttewaal, the author
Mujahid Akhtar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Email me at chintoojee at yahoo.com, I have "step by Step Guide for MS project 2003 & 2007" also, MS Project Bible.

Chintoo
Dave Turnbull
User offline. Last seen 8 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Its Project Stand alone. I was looking at the way you could export the resources to excel (which I did manually) and the way project lets you baseline the project and give you the planned percentage expected on that day and at that current point in the project.

I am used to taking the information from project and manually putting it into excel to produce S curves.

I would like to know more about how project lets to track progress etc.

Thanks for your help
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 20 weeks ago. Offline
I can recommend the books I write, there are 4 all together. You may download book data sheets and sample chapters from my website. They may be purchased from my website in four currencies. My books may be ordered from any bookshop and are also available from:

www.amazon.com
www.eastwoodharrisbooks.com
www.booksurge.com
www.bn.com
www.amazon.co.uk
www.compman.co.uk

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
L.E.N. Lewis
User offline. Last seen 2 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Project standalone or Project Server?

What sort of topics are you interested in?
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 10 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
didnt know project had an advanced side thought had two levels shite and really shite