Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Base Calendar

2 replies [Last post]
Julian Coetzee
User offline. Last seen 17 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Guys

I have asked this before and was wondering if the new MS Project software (2007) has a remedy for my problem.

The problem is task calendars clashing with the Project calendar that you set up in the Tools Options window. If I have a standard calendar setting in the Tools Options Window and want to set a task to a 24 hour calendar, the task duration goes haywire and causes confusion.

It is driving me mad.

Thank you

Replies

Julian Coetzee
User offline. Last seen 17 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thank you very much for that tip!

Keep Well!
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline
Julian

2007 will not solve your problem, nor will any Primavera product.

The only way I have found to resolve the duration calculation problem is to use say the Number1 field and create formula to calculate he correct value in this field.

For example the formula below will give the correct duration for a 24 hour calendar when the Tools, Options, Calendar, Hours per Day option is set to 8.

IIf([Task Calendar]="24 Hours per Day",[Duration]*0.33,[Duration])

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au