Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Passwords in MS Project 2003

3 replies [Last post]
Ray Notley
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
A client has sent me a Project that he erroneously has put a password on . the client is not contactable at the moment but I need to work on his schedule . Short of re-inputting the whole schedule is there a way round this ?
I don’t want to have to wait until my client is available to advise the password.

Replies

Ray Notley
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Brent. Yes I have finished the Project !
But thanks again.
Ray
Brent Hursey
User offline. Last seen 19 years 1 day ago. Offline
Sorry just noticed this was probably three months too late.
Brent Hursey
User offline. Last seen 19 years 1 day ago. Offline
Try this - open the project read only.
Then go to Save As. On the Save As window go to Tools - General Options. Remove the Protection Password and/or Write Reservation Password by deleting the asterisks from the available field.
Now you should have a copy you can edit and save without a password being needed when you reopen it.
Good Luck,
Brent