Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New Website - Forum

4 replies [Last post]

Dear All,

Thanks for the ongoing comments and emails offering advice on how to make our new PP more user-friendly.  

On the Discussion Forum front we have added a new link to the 'navigation' block on the top right of all pages called "My Forum News Feed".  This links us to the page included below and shows an alternative view of the discussions that are ongoing.  We are by no means finished with making changes to the forum as we have had lots of good feedback but this is our first move towards new functionality to help us find the new forum content etc.

New page... http://www.planningplanet.com/forumfeed

If anyone has any feedback please do post a reply here.

By the way, when you make a Forum Post if you tick the box called 'subscriptions' on the screen where you enter your text you will be emailed with an alert when someone replies to that post.

Best Regards to all.

James.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

My Hat

I must take off my hat again, it works perfect and no doubt will work best than perfect if you continue with the improvements.

Thanks once again.

Rafael Davila

My Hat

I must take off my hat again, it works perfect and no doubt will work best than perfect.

Thanks once again.

Rafael Davila

The call is for user friendly. I am shure it will be improved soon as I perceive action in this direction.

I would like to take the opportunity ot remind PP Admin of one of my old requests for improving PP.

My request is for the members be able to keep a record of forum links and subscriptions. By forum link I reffer to be able to select a forum by clicking on an option as to add it to My Favorites, then within the Favorites Table you shall be able to select an option box as to subcsribe to any of your favorite links. A subscription meaning that an e-mail will be sent to you every time someone posts a repply on the subscribed forum. Each member shall be able to toggle on and off his subscription at any moment, therefore if any forum becomes an e-mail me forum you can toggle it off but keep it in My Favorite list if you wish.

When you go to the members tab there is a column at the right for your account, this is good and belongs here, but it shall be eliminated from other pages/tabs as to provide more valuable space.

Best Regards,

Rafael

PP Admin, Congratulations for your actions into continuously improving PP Website, I take off my hat and salute you.

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

The new PP web site is pretty good and its great to know you are still working to make it more user friendly....

I would like to pass some suggestions....

1. It would be a lot better if the latest updated forum moves up on the Forum list as it does inside the forum topics. I have seen a lot of PP members request this but the alternative adopted here is to watch for the 'stars' which is a little difficult as we will have to run down th whole list to search for this 'star'.

2. The location / country of the PP member in the details which appear on the left side when a PP memeber makes a post is missing. 

3. At times I find some Posts (with their post number) which are worth saving for future references rather than using search function. I would suggest creating a function for this. But here again the post numbering system adopted is opposite to the older system since new posts are given number 1 and the previous post numbers keep changing.

4.Another quick fix for the above problem would be to provide a place where we could have a note pad or log kind of function where we could write and store any data (such as the forum topic and title) we require to use for future references.

Best Regards

Shareef A Azeez