Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

This should be deleted

11 replies [Last post]
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
These words should be omitted/deleted from Application for Employment.

"My name is ------ and I am currently living in -----."

Replies

Jimmy robert
User offline. Last seen 19 years 5 days ago. Offline
OK chris

Sorry for these two words which should not be written
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Jimmy,

In your previous post, you alleged that I wrote without thinking and that I did not use common sense. That is a personal attack and I find it unacceptable.

Chris Oggham
Jimmy robert
Dear Chris

In this forum all memebers are allowed to give his point of view. So I did it and if it is entirely different from you then why did you alleging me of personal attacks.

This is difference of opinion not the personal attacks. be noted
Chris Oggham
Jimmy,

I think that you and I are going to have to disagree. If you read what I wrote, I believe it explains quite clearly why I think this information is needed. There isn’t anything unilateral about it. If you disagree, that’s fine, you are perfectly entitled to hold your own view. But so am I, and I should be allowed to express it on this forum without disparaging personal attacks by you or anyone else.

Chris Oggham
Jimmy robert
No dear Chris

Shahzad is right.

Your comments are unilateral.

If you mean that someone use this forum by Dumay Name, its candidate’s discretion not the forum resposibilty.

Anyhow if you use Dummy Name - no problem

Can u use this Dummy name in your CV? Tell me. So write the things before think and avoid to alleging others.
Also not lay your own boat and use your common sense also. with other aspects

Your CV give your true name so why did we repeat our name on this document twice or thrice. Are we kids that we remind the Company about our names repeadtely? Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!

Your second point of living country is also not a valid comment because all such information has no need at the time of submission of application

This living country question usually come after your shortlisting /selection on merit after reviewing your application. Not the Company need at the time subimission of your application if you do not fulfill their criteria

In this case shahzad’s point on WORK Permit option at the end of this documnet is valid and good .
Chris Oggham
Shahzad,

I think you’re wrong on this one.

While the "From Name" does contain information, it need not be the name of the person applying for the post. Just as an example, a friend of mine uses the word "ostraco" in his "From Name". Apparently this is the Greek word for sea-shell, but it is definitely not his name.

Similarly with where the person is living, this is essential information for the prospective employer. If you consider a British person living and working in Australia. They have the right to live and work in Britain, but unless they were truly outstanding, many firms based in Britain would think twice before offering employment, especially if the remuneration package included relocation expenses.

It also makes sense to have all the related information in one document for internal circulation within the prospective employer’s organisation.

Chris Oggham
Shahzad Munawar
Truely speaking Vishwas, I totally disagree with your comments

"a highly confidential application becomes too anonymous for the consideration of the appllicants’ candidature."

There is no concern of confidentiality in my statement. If someone know about current applicant’s availability , his CV is sufficient to give the true reflection so do not need to give such info so openly.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Shahzad,

I think in one way you are right, but i don’t know how the end user is receiving the information by taking print-out of the form (which they received by email)to scrutinise the required candidates hence, may be the PPAdmin might have created to use name & living country in the application form as you have mentioned..........

I blieve Vishwas has rightly answered to your question, but without seeing how the end user is receiving the information, i can’t comment anything further on this matter.

Cheers!!!

Daya
Vishwas Bindigana...
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
b) Not all applicants live in a country where they have the permission to work. For example, people in the European countries have the right to work in any of the European Union Countries. But, people in India/Pakistan require a work permit to work in any country apart from their own countries. This is a major concern for the HR Depts. of the recruiting companies / agencies as it costs, both, money and time for expediting the candidate to the place of work.

I think, Shahzad, you are concerned about confidentiality of the application. And, a highly confidential application becomes too anonymous for the consideration of the appllicants’ candidature.
Shahzad Munawar
a) My name is ......, no need it because the sender is already known under head "From Name"

b)Living Country name is not essential because "Right to work" option at the end of application is sufficient for determination of applicant’s eligibility in Employer’s country.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Shahzad, Why do you want to delete those info from the application. Could you elaborate it further please. Cheers!!! Daya