Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Recommend a good Sub Contract reference

2 replies [Last post]
Skan Bu
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
I am dealing with sub contractors more than main contract at the moment.
Could anyone recommend where I can get information on the in/out of subcontract? whether it be good website or good training or good books.
I am looking to understand/interpret the subcontract clauses & the risks or the can do or can’t do. JCT is one of the contract I use but glad to understand others too.

I find that as a subcontractors, they are more at risk and often taken for a ride so understanding the way it work and how or what to look out is useful.

Thanks

Replies

Skan Bu
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Charlie,

AThank for the reply.
I read a few too but I was refering to specific.

Like "SMM 7 explain" which is very useful in a situation where two parties have their own interpretation of SMM item but the book explain what it should be.

Do you know of any?
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Dkan Bu,

I read a lot of Books regarding the Essential / Basic of Contract Law.

Since the book was very basic, then, it was easy to understand.

Cheers,

Charlie